What will you learn?
In 2016 we successfully delivered 4 COOKBank training courses to Housing Associations, Community Groups and the NHS. Cracking Good Food continue to deliver and tackle the barriers communities face when accessing, cooking and budgeting for affordable nutritious food.
What does COOKBank include?
- Defining ‘Good’ Food
- How to overcome the many barriers to cooking healthy food from scratch
- Resourceful financial solutions to food poverty & food waste
- Logistics of setting up & running a Cracking ‘Good’ Community cooking club
- A hearty meal! You will deliver a cooking workshop to each other incorporating these messages at the end of the 2 day training
- A full 40 page colour Toolkit as a guide for future support at the end of the training.
- Certificate of Achievement
Who is this aimed at?
- Driven community members who want to invest in the health and well-being of their peers
- Participants from previous cooking programmes
- For anyone who is interested in developing a good food culture in their community and who needs structure & support for getting more people engaged to cook affordable healthy food communally, socially & safely.
- Addresses food poverty and social isolation through communal healthy cooking
- Develops and promotes a sharing of cooking skills
- Promotes an understanding of healthy eating
- Provides inspiration and skills about being resourceful with food
- Is about cooking in bulk for the wider community
- Restores the love of good food back into the heart of the community
- Means your community will always be fed a nutritious meal
We know what we’re doing…
- We’ve cooked in the community for over 7 years
- With over 130 organisations
- With over 12,000 people
- We run 4 Cookery Schools
- Ran programmes for the Probation Service, Schools, Councils, Housing Associations, Foodbanks & major retailers
- Campaign against food waste, collaborate closely with Fareshare North West
- Lead trainers for Love Food Hate Waste campaigns across Greater Manchester since 2011.
- Your 2 day training course will be run by experienced community cooks.
Price & Location
10% off each subsequent booking if more than 1 member is attending from your organisation.)
- The course is delivered over 2 days
- Registration & Refreshments at 9.30am
- At Bridge 5 Mill, 22a Beswick Street, Ancoats, Manchester, M4 7HR. Near tram stop. 5 minutes from Piccadilly station. Travel information here.
Upcoming DatesThere are no upcoming events at this time.