We run 2 different artisan breadmaking classes, in 4 locations around Manchester.
Both are suitable for beginners or people who want to get more out of their breadmaking.
All our classes teach skills which can be practised at home using simple, non-specialist equipment.
We do not use specialist dough proving cupboards.
All ingredients are organic and bought at Unicorn Co-operative, Chorlton, Village Greens, Prestwich and other independent retailers.
Full Day Bread-Making
Our Daily Bread, £95
Chorlton, Didsbury, Flixton & Prestwich
6 hours, 10 – 4pm
‘All of it was fantastic, to try so many recipes for doughs, brilliant to go home with fresh home-made breads. Rob’s knowledge made everything accessible’ – Astrid
‘Really good to cover 5 bread making methods. Also the info about the flour and other ingredients was useful as this would not be included in ordinary cookbooks’ – Simone
‘Working with others – expert guidance – building up confidence by knocking down some bread making myths’ – Loraine
- Longer session with lots of time for in-depth discussions and more one-to-one tuition time
- All ingredients bought at Unicorn Co-operative, Chorlton, or Village Greens, Prestwich.
- You will make a 2lb organic loaf, focaccia and rye bread to take home
- More detail about different flours, different yeasts, different bread making methods, what can go wrong & how to avoid problems
- Introduction to sourdough (including starter culture to take home)
- All refreshments, homemade lunch & equipment provided
- 26 page full colour booklet about the history & politics of bread, as well as lots of detail about the different stages of bread making, including all recipes to take home
- FREE baker’s mate utensil to take home until stocks run out!
Half Day Bread-Making
Breaking Bread, £70
Chorlton & Didsbury
4 hours, 10 – 2pm
‘Great session. Rob is clearly passionate and that came across. Good to talk about practical bread making as well as artisan bread’ – Jennifer
‘Enjoyed making a basic loaf, fascinated by the difference between a supermarket bread and home made artisan bread. The science behind bread making.’ – Chris
‘Loved learning about different flours and mixing to give different breads.’ – Leanne
‘The information about the flour and other ingredients was useful as this would not be included in ordinary cookbooks.’ – Simon
- A great, fast-paced introduction to bread making, very hands-on
- All ingredients bought at Unicorn Co-operative, Chorlton.
- You will make an organic loaf, quick garlic naan-breads & focaccia to take home
- All refreshments & equipment provided
- All recipes provided to take home