- This event has passed.
Pasta Perfetto Masterclass I with Marcello on 6 Oct
October 6 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm$70
What will you cook?…
- Spinach ravioli stuffed with a cheese and spinach filling, dressed in a beurre blanc and sage sauce
- Stripey bon bon pasta with a sundried tomato and mature cheese filling, accompanied by a sweet pepper & mint sauce
In this 4-hour masterclass, Italian head pasta chef Marcello, who runs Master Pasta making workshops for Piccolino restaurants across the UK, and makes fresh pasta for top London chefs, will teach you how to create the perfect fresh pasta from scratch, developing specific technical skills around ideal dough consistency, different types of pasta dough, rolling, shaping & cutting, mess-free filling, and different sauce-making techniques.
By the end of the masterclass, you’ll come away with a whole array of new skills you can’t get from a cookery book and the confidence to tackle fresh pasta from scratch any day of the week, saving yourself a fortune on deli prices into the bargain!Italian born Marcello Ghiretti has worked with Italian chefs since he was 11. He studied Italian and French cuisine in Switzerland, returning to his home town of Parma to specialise in pasta making. After being a sous chef for 10 years in two 3-Rosette restaurants, he then went onto work in two Michelin- starred restaurants and the acclaimed Italian cooking school Alma La Scuola Internazionale Di Cucina, where his skills in bakery and pastry were further honed. He also has experience in wine and olive oil tasting, a Masters in nutrition, a Chinese medicine diploma, and a professional macrobiotics and personal training diploma. He’s lectured at major universities and hosted visitors from cookery schools in Losanne, Parma, New York, Boston and London. Marcello has written and published his recipes and is currently Head Pasta Maker for all Piccolino restaurants in the UK, where he also runs master classes for the group. Feedback from previous events:
- Enjoyed seeing how it should be done. Obviously a real expert.
- Very clearly explained and fun to learn new skills
- Understanding what the texture /consistency of the pasta should be and the sort of thickness for ravioli
- Marcello provided great background information and was very good at explaining things