- This event has passed.
Pasta Perfetto Masterclass II with Marcello, on 23 June 2018
June 23 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm£70
What will you cook?…
- Gnocci with Melanzane– soft dough dumplings made with potato and served with a traditional Italian sauce made from aubergine, mozzarella, cherry tomatoes and basil
- Lasagna, probably the Italian best seller dish of all time! Thousands of years of tradition, curiosity and tips regarding this delicious and comforting dish for all family. Learn how to made from scratch using sustainable and healthy ingredients for everyday delightful!
In this 4-hour masterclass, Italian head pasta chef Marcello, who runs Master Pasta making workshops for Piccolino restaurants across the UK, and makes fresh pasta for top London chefs, will teach you how to create 2 new pastas from scratch, developing specific technical skills around ideal dough consistency, rolling, shaping & cutting, and 2 new sauce-making techniques. You will then make your own –
By the end of the masterclass, you’ll come away with a whole array of new pasta-making skills and the confidence to tackle these fresh pastas and sauces from scratch any day of the week, saving yourself a fortune on deli prices into the bargain! Look out for our full-day pasta course coming later in the year, including still more pasta-making skills such as dessert pastas and making your own dried pasta.
Italian born Marcello Ghiretti has worked with Italian chefs since he was 11. He studied Italian and French cuisine in Switzerland, returning to his home town of Parma to specialise in pasta making. After being a sous chef for 10 years in two 3-Rosette restaurants, he then went onto work in two Michelin- starred restaurants and the acclaimed Italian cooking school Alma La Scuola Internazionale Di Cucina, where his skills in bakery and pastry were further honed.He also has experience in wine and olive oil tasting, a Masters in nutrition, a Chinese medicine diploma, and a professional macrobiotics and personal training diploma. He’s lectured at major universities and hosted visitors from cookery schools in Losanne, Parma, New York, Boston and London.Marcello has written and published his recipes and is currently Head Pasta Maker for all Piccolino restaurants in the UK, where he also runs master classes for the group.
Feedback from previous events:
- Enjoyed seeing how it should be done. Obviously a real expert.
- Very clearly explained and fun to learn new skills
- Understanding what the texture /consistency of the pasta should be and the sort of thickness for ravioli
- Marcello provided great background information and was very good at explaining things