Health & Safety
- Children under 16 are not usually permitted without the supervision of an adult/parent/guardian. Please contact us if you wish to discuss.
- During the Session, we advise you to wear lightweight clothing and ensure that long hair is tied back. We advise you to wear non-slip shoes and to ensure your toes are covered.
- We ask you to provide us with specific dietary requirements and/or food intolerances during the booking process. Please remind our staff of these on arrival. It is difficult to accommodate these needs if we do not know about them in advance, and depending on the requirement, we may not be able to accommodate them within the framework of the session.
- While we are aware that accidents do happen, we ask you to respect our equipment and use it with care. We ask you to report and pay for any careless damages and breakages where appropriate.
Payment and Cancellation policy
- Every effort is made to ensure that prices for sessions advertised on the company’s site are accurate. If a booking has been accepted and an error is subsequently found the company will inform you as soon as possible and offer you the option of reconfirming your booking at the correct price or cancelling your booking for that session otherwise.
- Payment for any session may be made by Paypal or by card payment. Please email [email protected] if you would like to book a session but are unable to pay by either of these methods and we will do our best to make alternative arrangements for you. Payment needs to be made in GB pounds sterling.
- Any booking enquiries should be addressed to [email protected].
- If you cancel a booking 7 days or less before a session is due to take place, or you do not attend an event which you have booked, the fee paid is forfeit. The only exception to this is – if the session is fully subscribed with a writing list and the company is able to fill your place with a further booking, then at the company’s discretion, your fee can be transferred to another session, with an administration charge of £10.
- If you cancel a booking more than 7 days before an event is due to take place, the fee can be transferred to another session with an administration charge of £10. You must transfer the booking to a new session within 30 days of your cancellation, after which the option lapses and the booking fee is forfeited.
- In the unlikely event the company cancels or postpones a session due to lack of sufficient bookings, unavailability of a venue or cooking leader, or unforeseen circumstances, the company will contact you and offer an alternative date or full refund. Please respond to the offer within 30 days, after which the offer lapses and the booking fee is forfeited.
- If the alternative date is not suitable for you, but you want to re-book when a suitable date comes up, you must re-book within 6 months, after which the option lapses and the booking fee is forfeited.
- Once a booking has been made, you can transfer the booking to someone else, with an administration charge of £10.
- Gift vouchers are valid for 6 months from the date of purchase. This means that they have to be spent in that time, although the event you book and pay for with the voucher may take place later. Refunds are not offered on gift vouchers.
- PAYMENT TERMS FOR BESPOKE AND COMMUNITY SESSIONS ONLY: Payments strictly within stated time frame. Late payments will incur a penalty fee of £25 per day thereafter
We always endeavour to deliver the cooking sessions in our public programme exactly as they have been advertised on this website. However, we reserve the right to vary the menu on the day. We buy fresh seasonal local ingredients whenever we can, so if at the time of the event, some of the ingredients listed in the advertised details are not available from local independent retailers, menus will be revised to reflect what is available. If we need to vary a menu for this reason, we will endeavour to deliver a session which is as close as possible to what has been advertised.
- At all times you must conduct yourself in relation to other guests, suppliers or third parties with respect and in a responsible and careful manner.
- Guests failing to behave appropriately may be expelled, suspended or prevented from continuing with a session.
- Session organisers or cooking leaders can refuse admission if in their opinion you may be a risk to others or yourself or if you are affecting the enjoyment of others or the running of the event whether through drink, drugs or otherwise.
- Anyone found to be under the influence of either alcohol or drugs during a cooking session will be asked to leave.
At Cracking Good Food we are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our customers. We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully (in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998), and we will never share your information and contact details with a third party. If you attend one of our public events, we will then contact you from time to time to update you on further Cracking Good Food events. If you do not wish to receive further information, have any requests concerning your personal information or any queries with regard to these practices please contact [email protected].
We collect the information you supply to us via our website, in order to aid strategic development and audit usage of the site. This information cannot be used to identify you, and will not be passed on to any third party.